Digital Marketing Specialist
Digital Marketing Specialist
What We Do
United, we fight to break the cycle of poverty for kids, their families, and the neighborhoods where they live.
Why United Way
No other organization unites as many people to fight poverty in as many ways. Valley of the Sun United Way (VSUW) is one of the largest and most progressive organizations within the national network of independent United Ways. Seen as a leader in innovation, we do this by creating impact from donors who are transformed by their experience with us and understand the importance of our work.
To learn more about what United Way does, visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp5e5Bd6ZKc
To see what we?re doing locally, check out our Manifesto https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmlT2hp-TV0
Who We?re Looking For
We?re focused on breaking the cycle of poverty. But we can?t do it alone. We?re looking for people who are:
- Hand-raisers, who are willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
- Game-changers, who aren?t afraid of bringing new ideas to the table, looking at things from an outside perspective, and shaking things up.
- Cycle-Breakers, who are passionate about taking a hands-on approach to breaking the cycle of poverty in Maricopa County.
Specifically, we are seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist, which is a key role on our Donor Impact Team. The Digital Marketing Specialist will produce assets that accurately represent the brand and meet the needs of various internal stakeholders. This will require a thorough understanding of graphic design and brand standards and applying them to produce highly engaging email, web, advertising, presentation, print collateral and social media assets. This individual is responsible for the design, layout and formatting of all materials, including typographic, photographic, illustrative and graphic design across a number of digital and traditional marketing placements. They are also responsible for providing their point-of-view and recommendations towards the development and improvement of assets focused on acquisition, retention and growth across a variety of audiences.
What You?ll Do:
- Collaborates with Digital Marketing and Brand Directors to develop creative materials including emails, web and social media placements, and other digital graphic requests
- Works within established design standards and style guides
- Works with internal contributors to obtain proper approvals, as necessary, and within deadlines
- Designs a variety of digital materials in support of VSUW?s traditional marketing objectives, and in accordance with established brand standards
- Collaborates with the marketing team on design ideas. Uses knowledge of design principles and VSUW Marketing objectives to provide relevant input and feedback on projects
- Participates in planning the editorial calendar, in creative brainstorming sessions and in editorial and design planning meetings
- Creates images and provides appropriate files to the Web/Social Manager for use on our various Web (VSUW website, Get Connected, Classy) and Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) platforms
- Files and makes back-up copies of all projects; utilizing Basecamp as our project management and archive platform
- Performs other duties and supports other projects as assigned
What You?ll Need:
- Bachelor?s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Art, Digital Marketing or related discipline
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite 4 or higher (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, InDesign) and other industry-standard design programs
- Knowledge of email communication best practices
- Knowledge of Web/Social Media image standards
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive feedback from peers and clients
- Excellent eye for color, page design and composition
- Ability to think creatively and "sell" ideas and concepts to team members in a courteous, cooperative manner
- Demonstrates a high level or initiative, effort and attention to detail with an eye on completing multiple projects efficiently and creatively
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and CMS systems (Craft and Drupal are a plus)
- Valid Arizona driver?s license, proof of automobile insurance, and daily access to personal vehicle.
- Ability to work in a remote environment (not all positions work remotely, but many of our team mates work out of the office 1-4 days per week)
This job might not be the right fit if you:
- Are hesitant to innovating current processes
- Become overwhelmed by fast paced environments
- Have a hard time making decisions
- Are uncomfortable with change
- Like your own permanent desk and space
What You?ll Get:
- An opportunity to become an active part in the fight to break the cycle of poverty in our community
- A Full-Time hourly position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 403B retirement saving with company match
- PTO and 10 paid holidays per year!
- Flexibility ? we don?t have assigned spaces in our office. It?s a collaborative environment with a variety of work spaces. And writable walls. Who doesn?t love writable walls?
Pay range: $21.50 - $22.50 per hour
Local applicants encouraged to apply.
Position posting will close at 9:00am on Tuesday, February 20, 2018. Although this posting may remain on external sites, applications will only be accepted until the date and time above.
Referral request: This job may not be for you, but perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Send them this link. Thanks!
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Valley of the Sun United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Job Reference #: 702687